+977 98510 99074 (Raj) -
Sun - Fri: 09:00 - 18:00
Travel FAQ

Travel FAQ

Frequently Asked Questions

When is the best time to visit the Himalayan country Nepal?
Depending on what kind of activities you want to do, almost the regions and places are accessible throughout the year although some periods are more suited to certain activities. Especially, after the monsoon over in Nepal, autumn and spring seasons are the best season for the trek, however some places behind the Himalayan can be trekked in summer also and Tibet tour packages.

How do I get to Nepal?
In order to fly directly to Nepal from your home country, Tribhuvan International Airport (TIA) in Kathmandu is the only international airport in Nepal. TIA has direct air link with many country.

Is there any possibility to enter Nepal via India?
Yes! There are flights between Delhi/ Mumbai / Kolkotta /Vanarasi to Kathmandu. Alternatively, you can enter to Nepal by overland. There are crossing points: Nepalgunj, Sunauli- Birganj and Kakarbhitta

Do I need entry visa & where do I apply?
All foreigners except Indian nationals require a visa to enter Nepal. You can issue the Nepal visa at your country by Nepali embassies and consulates overseas. You can also obtain a visa when you arrive in Nepal at Tribhuvan airport in Kathmandu or at the checkpoint of borders.

What do I need to get a visa?
Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months, two passport size photos and visa fee. Visas are valid for entry for 3-6 months from date of issue. Children under 10 years require a visa but are not charged a visa fee. To obtain a visa on arrival at the airport you need to complete an application form and provide a passport photograph.

Could you tell me the cost & duration of tourist visa?
The tourist visa you can obtain for the following duration and you can pay the visa fee.
Duration: 60 days single entry. Fee US $ 30.00 (For the First visit in a visa year)
Duration: 30 days single entry. Fee US $ 50.00 (For next visit within the same visa year)
Single Re-entry Fee US $ 25.00
Double Re-entry Fee US $ 40.00
Multiple Re-entry Fee US $ 60.00...for new update explore (Visa Information page)

If I decide to stay more than 60 days in Nepal then how can I extend my Visa?
The Immigration Department of Kathmandu or Pokhara can extend the visa for another 30 days and the charge for this is US$ 50. Nevertheless, a tourist cannot stay in Nepal under tourist-visa for more than 150 cumulative days.

Will somebody come to pick me up at the Airport upon my arrival?
Yes, our representative will come to the airport to pick you up. Outside of Terminal Hall he will be displaying a play card bearing our company name and your name. He will greet and garland you and take you to the hotel. At hotel he will help you with checking in procedures.

What do I have to bring for the trek?
Ans. The things need to bring are given bellow-
Rucksack, trekking boots, stick, water bottle, personal sleeping bag, sun glass, sun cap, sun cream, rain coat, down/Gore-Tex Jacket, thermal trousers, gloves, warm socks, shorts, sandles, T-shirts, pullover, flash light, personal toiletries, camera, binoculars, reading and writing materials, medicine recommended by your doctor.

How fit do I have to be for a trek?
You need not have any exceptional fitness but you should be fit enough to walk 5-6 hours comfortably on reasonable trails. If you practice jogging, swimming or tread mill exercises about one or two months before your trek, that will help enough.

What does mean by teahouse trek?
Ans. Teahouse treks are led by one of our experienced local guides supported by porters to carry luggage and equipment. All our guides have undergone the trekking guide training conducted by the Tourism Training Institute of Nepal and are registered and licensed by the government. Additionally all our guides go through a rigorous training to make them better qualified to take care of our guests in every way possible.

What does provide in camping trip?
Ans. Our camping treks are managed by a team of professionally trained Sherpas with the Leader/guide responsible for all aspects of the running of the trek A trek-day starts around 6 a.m. with a cup of tea/coffee. Soon a bowl of warm water is provided for washing. After packing your duffel and daypack breakfast will be served. The day's trek starts around 7.30 a.m. Porter/pack animals carry all camp equipment, food and duffel bags. All you need to carry in your daypack are water bottle, rain/wind jacket, camera and other small items you may need on the trail all trekkers walk at their own pace with the lead and "sweep" Sherpa providing support throughout

Why do I need a guide?
There are many advantages to using a guide during your trip. Professionally trained and experienced local guides will provide you the best travel experience. They will show you places of cultural interest, they will make all arrangements with lodge owners for your comfort and privacy as well as safety during the trip.

How long do we walk each day?
An average walking is around 5-8 hours per day, including a stop for lunch en route. During the trek group members often, string out with the faster walkers arriving in camp perhaps an hour or so before the last to arrive. Everyone walks at their own pace and stops, enjoying with walk and the beautiful surroundings.

Do I need to carry my baggage?
You can carry only what you need during the day, for example, a daypack with your camera, water bottle, sweater, sunglasses and anything you think you might need whilst walking. Your main baggage will carried by porters, mules, yaks or horses.

What kinds of food are available during the trek?
During a trek, you can expect three meals a day as well as regular tea and coffee breaks, on both our fully provisioned camping style treks and our teahouse style treks, where food is freshly prepared daily. During our teahouse treks, we offer a selection of teahouses, all run to a high standard by local people familiar with catering to varying tastes and requirements. You will be able to sample a wide range of dishes, all hygienically and professionally prepared to a high standard. We are also familiar with providing interesting vegetarian meals and are able to adjust dishes to meet your requirements.

Is trekking possible with children & families?
Most of popular treks can be accomplished with young children and provide an educational, fun and safe environment for children. We also offer specialized trekking for families travelling with children and we can provide the following services: modified itineraries with shorter daily distances than normal treks; food prepared with less spice; laundry services and nursing service.

Can I charge my digital camera on the trek?
Yes, in popular trails like Everest and Annapurna you can charge your camera batteries but do not forget to bring extra batteries. At remote treks you can not charge the batteries. Better bring solar charger for remote area treks.
Are the trekking porters and sherpas properly insured? Are the properly clothed for high altitude coldness?
Our company insures all our trekking staff, including porters. Also they are provided proper clothing.
Why is Nepal such a fascinating country for many people?
As a traveler, there is endless number of surprises Nepal has to offer you. The Himalayan Country Nepal is a land of scenic mountains, collection of art & craft, exotic cultures & people, world heritage site recognize by UNESCO, wildlife safari & birds watching, flora & fauna, adventure white water rafting and various type of home stay village tour are the main attraction of Nepal.

What is the currency and will I able to change money easily?
Local currency is the Nepali rupee. Bank notes are in 1, 2, 5, 10, 20, 25, 50, 100, 500 and 1000 rupees. Foreign currencies exchange only through the banks or authorized foreign exchange dealers. ATMS are quite widely available in Kathmandu and in Pokhara, accepting Visa and Master cards. Major credit cards are widely accepted at top range hotels, restaurants and businesses although commission is charged.

Do you know about Business Visa?
The department of Immigration on the recommendation of Ministry of Industry issues visas to foreign investors and businessperson for US$ 100 for one year and US$250 for five years.

Can I get study-visa to come to Nepal?
The Department of Immigration on the recommendation of Ministry of Education does provide student visa for US$ 40 per month. You are welcome to Nepal for your studies.

Beside tourist visa, study & business visa is there any other type of visa enter to Nepal?
Well, there are other types of visa other then mentioned above. For example, there is Non-tourist visa, Residential Visa, Diplomatic Visa, Official Visa and Transit Visa.

Non-tourist visa sounds interesting. What are non-tourist visas?

This visa is for Foreigners involved in social works, INGO, Missions and employees working in different institutions, representative of the press agencies and magazines, workers of diplomatic and official visa holders, person of Nepalese origin holding foreign passport and foreigner married to a Nepalese citizen. The department of Immigration on the recommendation of concerned agencies’ issues this visa with following listed visa fee.
  • US$ 60 per month for the first year and US$ 100 for the next year for non-tourist
  • US$ 10 per month for journalist press visa
  • US$ 20per month for those working in HMG office or project
  • US$ 20 for marriage visa

How safe is Nepal for traveler?
Nepal is the safe destination for traveler in the world. Violent crimes are very rare. Keep your money and other valuables thing with carefully. Lock your bags and luggage.

Is permit & TIMS card necessary for trekking?
A trekking permit & TIMS card is essential for any purpose of visit to Nepal's protected & restricted area. In Nepal, a special Annapurna Conservation Area Permit (ACAP) is required for those who enter a national park or wildlife reserve in the Annapurna region. If you are visiting more than one trekking area, you will require a separate permit for each area.

Do I need to book the accommodation before I arrive in Nepal?
If you are planning travel to Nepal with specific, trip itinerary and duration, better to confirm the accommodation because it helps for hassle free trip as well as you can avoids unnecessary broker’s disturbance.

How much does accommodation cost?
As anywhere in the world, the cost of accommodation depends on the facilities and location. Please advise us your require standard & location then we will let you know.

How about domestic flight?
The domestic flights from Kathmandu to places such as Chitwan, Pokhara, Jomsom, Dolpa, Biratnagar, Bhairawa, Nepalgunj, Bharatpur, Tumlingtar, Lukla and Similot have become more reliable and available.Airlines charge tourists inflated dollar prices on all routes. The mountain region’s flight schedules could be affected due to weather, some time more chances to delayed as well as cancelled

How can I connect to family & friends?
During your stay in city, there are available internet & telephone services particularly in Kathmandu, Chitwan and Pokhara. Other then this place like remote trekking area except few places is not available internet & telephone services.

Is there anything to shop in Nepal?
Kathmandu is the best place for souvenirs shopping. Some of the popular things that foreigners usually shop in Nepal are embroidered clothes, Tibetan carpets, pottery, masks, jewelries, woodcarving, statues, Khukhuri (traditional Knife) and Thangka Paintings.

Do I need travel insurance?
Travel insurance is highly recommended. The insurance should cover emergency helicopter evacuation service

Is it ok to trek alone?
Generally, it is okay to trek alone on popular trekking route. Safety wise we advice, you to either go with group or hire a guide through trekking agency.

What does mean by trek grades?
Ans. Trekking grades are given bellow as -

Grade 2:
Daily stages of 5 to 6 hour along good passable trails. Differences in altitude of up to 800m, below 4000m. Night temperature can drop below freezing point.

Grade 3:
Daily stages of 4 to 7 hour a day. The trails are usually well passable but some high altitude passes above 4000m can be steep. Possible snow on the high altitude passes can put your endurance to the test. A good condition is recommended.

Grade 4:
Treks of more than 15 day with daily stages of 4 to 8 hour. Differences in altitude of up to 1000m, below 4000m. One or more high altitude passes above 5000m. Most night's temperatures below freezing point. Sometimes-difficult camping sites. A good condition is a requirement.

Grade 5:
Treks and climbs of more than 15 day. Walking on very difficult grounds, basic mountaineering skills required. Night at very low temperature. A strong resistance and a very good physical condition are required.

Grade 6:
Most adventurous high altitude trekking, crossing one or more passes of over 6,000 meter of altitude. General knowledge of mountaineering required. Nights will be very cold, daily 4-8 hour of walk at mountaineer's pace.

What kind of guide/porter/other staffs will be in trek?
Ans. Each of our treks is managed by a team of professionally trained trek guides, cooks and sherpas. Our leaders/guides and trek crew are committed to providing a safe and enjoyable holiday to our clients and in an eco-friendly manner

What is rescued service?
If you got any problem in the remote area and an unfortunate incident occurs such as illness and flight delays due to bad weather on any part of the trekking route and rescue evacuation is required. Our guides will assist to you. We coordinate with a recognized private helicopter company and the Nepalese army in the case of emergency rescue.

Is acclimatization necessary for trekking?
Acclimatization is most important and necessary for high & long trek. Trails can often be steep and physically taxing and walking often entails a great deal of altitude gain and loss. It is worth remembering that even the base of the great mountains of the Himalayas can be very high. On high treks is it wise to ensure adequate acclimatization time to allow your body to adapt to higher altitudes.

What is altitude sickness?
High altitude sickness is very sensitive case known as Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS), is the major concern on high altitude treks and if not treated when symptoms first appear, can result in death. Initial stages of mountain sickness include headaches, dizziness, loss of appetite and difficulty sleeping. If a doctor is available, he may give medicine and oxygen but the patient must go down to lower altitudes even if treated.

Call us or Write us

+977 1 4439179
09AM to 06PM (Sun - Fri)
+977 9851099074
(Raj Kumar)
GPO 12049, Bhagwati Marg
Thamel, Kathmandu, Nepal


Contact in Italy

Rajendra Thapaliya
Via Caduti di Cefalonia, 11
40024 Castel San Pietro Terme (BO)

Cell: +39 32777 14581